MEYER CORPORATION, Fairfield, CA ● 01/2013 – 01/2016
A large, innovative cookware company that provides consumers with a wide variety of cookware brands.
Process Improvement Manager (05/2013 – 01/2016)
Drove full lifecycle process improvement and cost savings initiatives by defining, measuring, analyzing, recommending and implementing software and other tools. Served as project manager for digital asset management cleanup and product information management ADAM software implementations.
- Recommended improvements as part of international logistics audit resulting in 5% time savings for IL staff.
- Completed accounts payable audit and recommended improvements that will decrease workload by 25% for AP staff when implemented.
- Mapped and documented all processes to create requirements document for implementation of customer deductions in to the ERP (Apprise) as part of chargebacks project.
- Successfully negotiated new warehouse printer vendor at 55% cost savings per printer, 25% cost savings for print heads and 15% cost savings for labels.
- Received multiple awards and commendations for exemplary performance.
Project Manager – Business & Technology Office (01/2013 – 05/2013)
Worked with department members to set up BTO, created project proposal and kickoff presentation templates, and worked with web designer to create PMO project site layout.
- Created project and process improvement methodology reference document.
COPART AUTO AUCTIONS, Fairfield, CA ● 06/2009 – 03/2012
A provider of online auctions and vehicle remarketing services in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Process Improvement Manager
Spearheaded process improvements by evaluating, testing, and recommending software and/ other tools. Managed and participated in multiple projects and enhancements with responsibility throughout entire lifecycle. Ensured attainment of all project deliverables. Developed and administered budget and project plan for cross-functional teams. Trained Operations VP’s to use Six Sigma DMAIC Process Improvement methodology.
- Managed RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) team to identify 20% improvement, valued at nearly $5M in cost savings.
- Identified cost effective label/printer solution of $.08 per label cost instead of $.39 per label cost, implemented at 140 sites over three month period.
- Led dispatch redesign team in developing software requirements and assessed 15 vendors based on highest priority criteria. Implemented procedures based on internal best practices.
- Managed SAP (Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing) implementation project team design phase for Order Entry and Inventory modules.
- Led receiving team in streamlining inventory process, resulting in 15% time improvement.
- Enhanced Pulse imaging application to streamline updating of key inventory data, and handheld device to allow creation of work orders thereby reducing manual paperwork.
BASIC AMERICAN FOODS, Walnut Creek, CA ● 10/2000 – 01/2009
A privately held food manufacturer focusing on foodservice operators.
Systems Analyst IV
Facilitated process improvements by evaluating, testing, and recommending software and other tools for finance and marketing departments. Identified business requirements, and designed, developed and maintained reports and queries. Played key role in numerous projects, ensuring on time, on budget deliveries.
- Served as interfaces sub-team leader for pricing and promotions simplifications project, and core team member for promotional allowance data mart project.
- Led corporate finance sub-team as part of customer order management / accounts receivable applications implementation project for ERP Adage application by Infor.
- Project managed RAM (Risk Assessment Manager) application upgrades hosted by Dun & Bradstreet on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Served as project manager and security administrator for successful upgrades of CARS (Contracts and Reporting System). Co-managed CARS software implementation.
Prior experience as Manager, Systems Training, Production Planning and Inventory Control Supervisor, and Scheduling Manager for Basic Vegetable Products, Walnut Creek, CA
MBA - UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, Sacramento, CA
BS in Horticulture (Emphasis in Management) - CAL POLY, San Luis Obispo, CA
CompTIA - Project +
Business Analysis in Agile Projects - ASPE, Inc.
Process Design and Redesign - Hammer and Company
Data Stewardship - EW Solutions, Inc.
Data Modeling and ER Studio - EW Solutions
Data Modeling - Knightsbridge Solutions
Lean 101 and Value Stream Mapping - MANEX
Applied Project Management - Knowledge Structures, Inc.
Completed APICS Training
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Query, Hyperion IR, BRIO, Crystal Reports, Crystal Enterprise, ePortfolio, ER Studio, Go To Meeting, Net Meeting, Web Ex, Apprise, ADAGE, PRISM and AS400 Applications, ADAM Software (Product Information Management and Digital Asset Management)